1. Reduce Pain Since its development, it is becoming clear that the elements of the Raindrop Technique may not only reduce pain but also benefit the other body systems. The analgesic ingredients in the essential oils may help reduce pain and discomfort.
2. Stress Relief & Emotional Well-being Therapeutic essential oils have a normalizing effect on the nervous system making them ideal for reducing stress, anxiety and tension. The oils can immediately penetrate cell membranes and diffuse through the blood and tissues. The oils also cross the brain-blood barrier and effect the limbic system. That is the area of the brain that controls our mood, behavior and emotions.
3. Relax Muscles Muscles that are sore or stressed may also benefit from the Raindrop application. Basil, wintergreen, marjoram, cypress and peppermint essential oils have been shown to support everday muscle conditions.
4. Reduce Inflammation Many studies have identified several essential oils that may benefit our body's inflammatory response. These include wintergreen, peppermint and thyme, which are all included in the traditional Raindrop Technique.
5. Improve Circulation Essential oils may be highly beneficial in boosting circulation due to oxygenating properties. The essential oils of cypress, thyme, marjoram and peppermint all have properties that have been found to increase circulation or act as a circulatory stimulant.
6. Detox the Body Systems The therapeutic oils used in Raindrop therapy are high in phenols and other detoxifying constituents. These have been found to help cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance the lymphatic system.
7. Improve Immune function Thyme and oregano essential oils haven been found to enhance the body's immune system and support your body's natural defense system.